SAVE the DATE!
June 19-23, 2017 for EXSEED 2017 Summer Conference
Excellence in STEM Experiential Education (EXSEED) is an innovative and collaborative program designed to enhance integrated Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education in Adventist K-12 schools. It is a partnership between K-12 educators, K-12 schools and organizations, and higher education partners, including Andrews University, Kettering College, La Sierra University, Loma Linda University, Pacific Union College, Walla Walla University, and the Pacific Union Conference, with LLU acting as the facilitator. The goal of EXSEED is to collaboratively support and empower K-12 educators in teaching the STEM disciplines within a Mission-Focused Learning (MFL) context. MFL is an environment that
- Fosters the highest commitment to analytical and critical thinking
- Advocates the highest ethical and professional standards of practices
- Values the creation of new knowledge, and the faithful transmission of best practices within professional and scientific disciplines
- Provides a learner-centered educational environment that facilitates the absorption of knowledge and perfection of skills while blending evidence-based decision-making with transformative learning events ("teachable moments")
- Develops a culture of service, while encouraging the pursuit of wisdom through the example of Jesus Christ who lived to bring hope, healing, and happiness to mankind
Past EXSEED Summer Conferences
Office of Educational Effectiveness
Loma Linda University
Read the article that launched the EXSEED initiative:
"Charting a Different Future: A University President Assesses Higher Education in North America"
by Richard Hart (Adventist Review, November 9, 2009)