How to Apply
Welcome to Loma Linda University!
LLU offers degrees in many health science professions. You can learn about these programs by viewing our Prospective Student site. You may also visit the University Catalog page. Please note: LLU is a transfer institution; all of the university's academic programs require prior college credit. Please check prerequisites carefully.
- Distance Education - View the states authorizing Loma Linda University online students
- Request Information Online
- Campus Tours can be arranged by contacting Enrollment Management.
- About LLU
- LLU Values and Lifestyle Statement
- LLU Application - Loma Linda University accepts only online applications. Paper applications are no longer available or accepted.
Application Deadlines - Each LLU program has its own application deadline. Deadlines are available by program on the Prospective Student web site and also at the beginning of each program's application.
The following programs use outside Centralized Application Services (CASs). Submit your CAS application first. After your application service processes your application and releases it to LLU (this can take weeks, please check with them on their current processing time), you will be sent a LLU Secondary Application invitation via email.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) - AAMC, choose AMCAS
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) - ADEA, choose AADSAS
- International Dentist Program, Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) - ADEA, choose CAAPID
- Dental Hygiene programs - ADEA, choose DHCAS
- Physician Assistant (MPA) - CASPA
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) - PTCAS - only for Entry-level DPT programs (Post-professional MPT and DPT programs apply directly to LLU).
- Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) - OTCAS
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) - PharmCAS
- School of Public Health programs - SOPHAS
Non-degree Seeking Students - Non-degree registration instructions (PDF)
International students - Additional specific information for international student admissions and for US students who have international school credits
In order to complete an online application, you will need:
- Program - View our Prospective Student web site for a list of programs offered.
- Term - Some programs begin once per year. Other programs admit students to start throughout the year (LLU is on the quarter system).
- An active email address to help us communicate with you about your application.
- Transcript information - from all post-secondary institutions from which you have received credit whether or not the work pertains to your LLU degree. (Include military credit, Advanced Placement (AP) credit, CLEP, and unaccredited schools.) Omission of any institution can lead to denial of your application. After submitting an application, check your application portal frequently to see admission document status/requirements.
High school transcripts: Students are required to furnish evidence (transcript showing graduation, GED, CHSPE, or equivalent) of completion of high school to be granted admission to undergraduate programs. Those students who hold an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college/university upon admission do not need to furnish a high school transcript, unless required to validate specific course work.
All official transcripts must be received and processed by LLU before an acceptance can be offered. (Exception: applications that have come through AMCAS, AADSAS, CASPA, DHCAS, OTCAS, PharmCAS, PTCAS, or SOPHAS. However, for these applicants, all official transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institutions to LLU and processed by LLU before registration.) International applicants must have all required admissions materials (including official final academic transcripts) received and processed before an acceptance can be offered even if they applied through one of the application services listed above.
Transcripts received by LLU become the property of LLU and will not be returned to the applicant or forwarded to any other institution. Please do not send us your original transcript/diploma if no other copy exists.
Have paper transcripts mailed or shipped to:
Loma Linda University
11139 Anderson St
Loma Linda, CA 92350 USA
Electronic transcripts can be officially sent to LLU in the following ways. Check with your prior school to find out if they are set up to use any of these methods. Send secure PDFs to email@example.com (see below for security requirements for PDFs). Please note:
- PDF through transcript service; must include security components (e.g. multi-steps to access, login registration, password, watermark, etc) and without restrictions on printing and/or saving/archiving. PDF transcripts must be issued directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Examples of accepted PDF transcripts include those sent through Parchment Exchange, Credentials eScrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, and JST (Joint Services Transcript, for US Military credit).
- PDF transcripts that cannot be accepted as official:
- Those containing PDF security that restricts printing, number/time of access, saving, etc.
- Transcripts emailed as attachments (PDF or other formats).
- PDF transcripts that cannot be accepted as official:
- EDI - school code 001218, qual 22, through the SPEEDE Server (info)
Transcripts must be sent by the issuing institution directly to LLU Admissions Processing, preferably with the LLU transcript request form which will speed the processing of your transcript. For international transcripts, photocopies of personal transcript copies may be sent back to the issuing institution for signed and stamped verification, then mailed by the institution directly to LLU. See the International Transcripts page for more information and some country-specific instructions. Transcripts that are hand-carried or mailed by anyone other than the issuing institution, even if in a sealed envelope, are not considered official.
International education where credit was received, no matter the length of time, and including for US students, must be officially transcripted. Please refer to our International Transcripts page for more information.
- Future coursework - The courses you are currently taking or plan to take before starting at LLU.
- Test scores - All admissions test scores (e.g., GRE, TOEFL) you have taken or plan to take. View test requirements for the school/program to which you're applying in program prerequisites in the Prospective Student web pages. See also the University Catalog. SAT/ACT is not required for any LLU programs.
- Recommendations - Name and email address for three people who will be sending recommendations.
- Payment - The nonrefundable application fee varies by program. The specific amount is listed at the start of your application. After completing your application you will see the payment form and payment options. Your application must be submitted before the payment can be credited. And the payment must be received (and credited to your application) before the application can be processed.
Continue later. If you don't have all of your information but you want to get started, log off when you've done as much as you can, and log on again later when you have more information to enter. You can do this as many times as you like. However, be sure to remember your LOGIN ID and PIN so that you can log in again later. Write it down and keep it in a safe place. We cannot provide forgotten Logins or PINs. You will also need the same login ID and PIN to check the status of received documents after you submit your application.
The Application Portal - once you submit and pay for your application you can track the receipt of application documents and adjust requested recommendations. Log on often to see when your documents have been received. Access your Application Portal by logging back on to your application and clicking Application Status under Additional Requirements. If you are checking on a Secondary Application, make sure to log on through the web page provided in your secondary application invitation email.
Apply early for financial aid even if you are not yet accepted to LLU.
Cancel Your Application
- Incomplete application - Log on to your application. At the Application Menu, click on Cancel Application beside the application in progress that you wish to cancel. Or at the numbered Application Checklist, click on Cancel Application. (If you do not remember your Login and PIN to log in and cancel your application, contact your school's admissions office for your application to be canceled.)
- Submitted application - Please contact the admissions office of the LLU school to which you have applied.
- Secondary applications not yet started - If you received an invitation to fill out a secondary application and decided not to apply to LLU, please contact your school's admissions office so they know to cancel your main application. If you have started the secondary application, please follow the correct of the above options.
Change Application Term
For some programs, if your application is not submitted you can log in to change the term and/or course of studies.
If you file another application with Loma Linda University, use the same login ID (that you created/used the first time) to retrieve your previous application information and limit the data that you have to enter. Add or update information as needed.
Contact the admissions office with any questions you have about how to fill out the online application or about the application process:
University Admissions (and Admissions Processing): email@example.com
School of Allied Health Professions: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Behavioral Health (formerly the School of Science and Technology): email@example.com
School of Dentistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Dentistry, Advanced Dental Education: email@example.com
School of Nursing: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Medicine, MD: email@example.com
School of Medicine, Basic Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Pharmacy: email@example.com
School of Public Health: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Religion: email@example.com
First be sure your browser is configured correctly by following the instructions on our technical help page. If you continue to have problems, follow the diagnostic steps at the bottom of that page. (This application works best with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.)
Your Information is Secure
When you log onto the application, you are accessing a secure server. All the information you provide us is encrypted. Your grades, test scores, essay, and other information will remain confidential.