As stated in the Loma Linda University Handbook, “Loma Linda University is committed to providing a healthy environment for learning through a comprehensive program to prevent communicable disease using the latest scientific information and procedures. This includes educating individuals regarding the reduction of communicable disease transmission, and the need for immunizations.”
It is the responsibility of all Loma Linda University students to remain up-to-date on all required vaccinations. (Exceptions include non-degree students and students whose entire program is completed off campus.) If immunizations become out of date, a hold will be placed on the student’s registration portal preventing the completion of the registration process.
Current students are able to renew their annual TB/PPD skin test, receive booster shots and vaccinations at Student Health Service at no cost if currently enrolled in the Risk Management Student Health Plan. Risk Management will not cover immunizations required to complete your Pre-Entrance Health Requirements.
Additional Information and Helpful Tips for Current Students:
Tuberculosis (TB) Skin Tests
- Proper completion of the TB/PPD skin test requires a skin test read by a medical provider within 48-72 hours after its administration. Student Health Service does not administer TB/PPD skin tests on Wednesday after 11:30 am or on Thursday unless a qualified medical provider can read the results over the weekend.
- If your school coordinates group TB/PPD skin test clinics, you will be notified of the time and location of up-coming TB/PPD skin test clinics by your school.
- If you receive a TB/PPD skin test outside of Student Health Service you can submit a copy of your skin test results to Student Health Service. Remember, the submitted form must include:
- Date test administered
- Signature of medical provider administering test
- Date of test read
- Final test results in mm
- Signature of the medical provider reporting the test results
- If you have a history of testing positive for TB, and Student Health Service has a current chest x-ray report on file (within 5 years), please fill out the TB Screening form annually to meet your health requirement. This form is also available at Student Health Service.
Please Note: TB/PPD skin tests are not given on Wednesday after 11:30 pm or on Thursday to students who need their test results read by Student Health Service.
Immunizations are administered Monday through Friday at Student Health Service and are available on a walk-in basis. Current students may be required by the university, their individual program, or by their school to receive an Influenza vaccine or another immunization while enrolled as a student on campus. If you would prefer, you can schedule an appointment with a nurse by calling our office.
Mon – Thurs: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 1:00p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
*hours may vary during holidays
Influenza Vaccines and Additional Immunization Requirements
Influenza vaccinations are a yearly requirement for all on campus students. Student Health Service will schedule vaccination clinics with each of the University’s Schools to help you meet this requirement. Loma Linda University complies with state and federal regulations relating to communicable disease prevention and reserves the right to require additional mandatory vaccination of the student population if deemed necessary.
International Travel Vaccines
Travel vaccines are available during the International Travel Clinic every Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. (Evans Hall, Suite 111). This clinic operates on a walk-in basis only.
If you are traveling internationally as a group, we suggest you schedule a group appointment with our travel clinic physician.
Center for Health Promotion - Travel Clinic Hours:
Mon – Thurs: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Call (909) 558-4594 to schedule a group appointment.