Welcome to Loma Linda University! To optimize your experience, we would like to share some of the distinctive features embraced by our faith-based institution.
Please review and confirm that you acknowledge the following items as foundational to Loma Linda University (LLU):
- Faith: Loma Linda University is committed to faith in God and respect for the rich diversity of faiths represented among our students. We view the various perspectives of each spiritually committed student as enriching our campus and opening us to new ways of knowing God. You can find lists of churches/faith communities close to LLU on our Religious Services page.
- Chapel: To facilitate a personal journey with God, LLU provides midweek University@Worship services for both students and faculty. This is a central part of the LLU experience and required for most students.
- Religion and ethics courses: The core curricula of all LLU programs include religion and ethics courses with the goal of integrating faith and clinical judgment in providing whole person care.
- Sabbath: Because Seventh-day Adventists observe the biblical Sabbath, from sundown on Friday evening until sundown on Saturday evening, time is provided for rest, reflection, and renewal. During these hours, school offices, laboratories, and libraries are closed.
- Behavioral expectations: Loma Linda University has expectations which include respect for all persons and high standards of personal and professional conduct. This includes abstinence from alcohol, nicotine, cannabis, and illicit drugs/substances in all forms. More information may be found in the University Catalog and Student Handbook.
- Professional appearance: To help students prepare for their future careers in healthcare, LLU expects students to maintain professional standards of appearance. For a more complete statement on professional dress and attire please see the Student Handbook.