Eric Johnson, PT, DSc., NCS
Eric Johnson is a Professor at Loma Linda University in the Department of Physical Therapy where he serves as the Neurology Track Coordinator and Director of the Neuroscience Research Laboratory. Dr. Johnson is an alumni of Loma Linda University and Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Sciences and has taught graduate and post-graduate courses in the United States, South America, and Asia. He’s an APTA Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Neurology and maintains multiple clinical competency certifications including vestibular rehabilitation and cervicogenic dizziness. His research interests include sensory integration disorders, dizziness, and educational design. Dr. Johnson is a Harvard Macy Institute Scholar and was the 2014 recipient of the Loma Linda University Kinzer-Rice Award for Excellence in University Teaching.
Date: Friday, March 2, 2018
Time: 10:00am – 12:10pm
- General Participant: $60.00
- Student (Non-LLU): $55.00
- LLUH Employees/Faculty: $50.00
- Student (LLU): $45.00
Continuing Education Courses by Profession:
- Behavioral Health
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Pathology
The course is an exploration of chronic motion sensitivity (CMS) from an evidence-based perspective. It covers theoretical constructs of CMS, questions answered in our research laboratory concerning patient management, in addition to current/future research direction.
Upon completion of this conference, the participant will be able to:
- Define chronic motion sensitivity.
- Explain the most widely accepted theory of motion sensitivity.
- Describe various areas of research being conducted at Loma Linda University concerning chronic motion sensitivity.
- Discuss patient management for chronic motion sensitivity related to postural stability and visual reliance.
Continuing Education Credits:
2 CE hours
ANCC, APA, BRN, CDR, OT, PT, SLPA
All health care professionals and others interested in this topic
Continuing Education Approval Statements:
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (ANCC).
- Loma Linda University Medical Center Office of Staff Development is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. LLUMC Office of Staff Development maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. This event meets the qualifications for 2.0 hours of continuing education credit for psychologists as required by the American Psychological Association.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 00239, this program is approved for 2.0 contact hours.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is a Continuing Professional Education Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Registered dietitians and dietetic technicians, registered will receive 2.0 continuing professional education units for completion of this program.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is recognized as a Continuing Competency Approving Agency by the Physical Therapy Board of California. This program is approved for 2.0 CE credits
- This course meets the qualifications for 2.0 hours of continuing professional development credit for Speech-Language Pathologists as required by the California Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Board, provider #PDP42
- Respiratory Care Practitioners reciprocate with provider number 00239
- Occupational Therapists reciprocate with PDP#42
- Behavioral Health Professionals reciprocate with APA