Commencement is a time to celebrate and enjoy the achievements of our graduates. It is also a time to acknowledge the help and support provided by family, friends, faculty, and staff. We wish for the ceremony to be a pleasant experience for everyone, respectful of time-honored academic traditions, and considerate of all participants and their guests; as such, proper decorum is asked of all those in attendance.
In that spirit, and in recognition of the dignity of the celebration, please observe the following:
- The use of air horns and other noise-making devices is prohibited.
- The use of silly string, confetti, party poppers, beach balls, and other party items is not permitted in the ceremony venue.
- Refrain from bringing food items into the ceremony venue.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Pets (with the exception of service animals) will not be allowed on LLU property during the ceremonies
- Silence cell phones and other electronic devices during commencement ceremonies
- Due to FAA restrictions and for the safety of the event, unmanned aircraft or "drones" are prohibited in Loma Linda air space without prior approval by the Office of Environmental Health and Safety
- University policy strictly prohibits the use of tobacco, vaping, alcoholic beverages, and other controlled substances on campus.
- We ask that you remain in your seats until all graduates have been recognized and the ceremony has concluded.
Thank you for your help in making this day memorable for all.