Login to Your Application

Transcripts that are hand-carried or mailed to Loma Linda University by anyone other than the issuing institution, even if notarized or in a sealed envelope, are not considered official.

Official transcripts/marks are required from all post-secondary institutions from which you have received academic credit, whether or not the work pertains to your Loma Linda University degree.

All final, official transcripts and other admissions documents must be received and processed before an acceptance can be offered to an international applicant. International students must have all required admissions documents processed before an I-20 can be issued.

Conditional acceptances cannot be offered to international applicants.

Transcripts received by LLU become the property of LLU and will not be returned to the applicant or forwarded to any other institution. Please do not send us your original transcript/diploma if no other copy exists.

US students who attended classes abroad: If your study abroad coursework was taken through your US college and the foreign work is fully listed on the US college transcript, LLU will probably not need a separate international transcript. Examples: Adventist Colleges Abroad (ACA), or other Semester Abroad programs taken through the home institution. If the foreign work is not recorded or listed adequately on the US college transcript or is listed as transfer work we will need the official foreign transcript or official transcript from the US School of Record.

All official international transcripts (showing grades or individual/complete marks earned) must be mailed directly from the issuing institution to Admissions Processing at Loma Linda University. Alternatively, academic transcript copies included in official WES evaluation reports will satisfy the transcript requirement. If the only transcript is an original in the possession of the applicant, a photocopy may be submitted to the issuing institution with a request for stamped and signed verification of authenticity, then mailed by the institution directly to LLU. Transcripts received by LLU become the property of LLU and will not be released or returned to the applicant or forwarded to any other institution. Please do not send us your original documents! (Also see sections below regarding documents from India, Iraq, and Pakistan.) Transcripts that are hand-carried or mailed by the student or anyone other than the issuing institution, even if notarized or in a sealed envelope, are not considered official.

Official Degree Certificate - Any international transcript (or individual mark sheet) that does not list the degree awarded or graduation information including specific degree earned and date awarded, must be supported by an official degree certificate/diploma or school-verified/attested copy of the degree certificate and be mailed directly from the issuing institution to LLU. If you are uncertain whether your transcript lists your graduation information and degree earned, please contact your school before requesting your transcript. Admissions requirements will not be satisfied until degree information has been received either on the official transcript or on a separate official degree certificate.

Please Note: Transcript copies included in official WES evaluation reports will also satisfy the requirement for official transcripts.

Request official transcripts to be mailed or shipped directly by the issuing institution to:
Admissions Processing
Loma Linda University
11139 Anderson St
Loma Linda, CA 92350

Country-specific Instructions

Mark Sheets from India

  • Individual mark sheets indicating all courses taken and marks obtained attested (by the Registrar or Controller of Exams) and issued by the university that conducted the examination for all post-secondary programs of study, mailed by the issuing institution directly to LLU Admissions Processing.
  • Clear, legible photocopies of all final degree certificates (or internship completion certificate plus provisional degree certificate if the final degree certificate has not yet been issued) attested and issued by the degree-granting university, and mailed by the issuing institution directly to LLU Admissions Processing.

All documents must be attested by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar and then sent directly to LLU Admissions Processing by the institutions attended. Attestations from persons outside the Controller of Examination and Registrar, such as individual professors, deans, or external notary publics, will not be accepted. Please note that college-issued mark sheets will not be accepted unless they are from an autonomous college or are attested by the affiliated university. Transcripts that are mailed by anyone other than the issuing institution, even if in a sealed envelope, are not official.

Mark Sheets from Pakistan

Please send photocopies of your mark sheets and degree certificate to the HEC (Higher Education Commission, Pakistan) with a request for them to attest the documents and then to mail them directly back to LLU. Attestations will also be accepted from the Registrar or Controller of Examinations of the degree-granting university. College-issued mark sheets are not sufficient. 

Transcripts from Iraq

Note: The Cultural Office, a part of the Ministry of Higher Education, within the Embassy of Iraq is no longer authenticating academic documents for US-based students.

Documents must be sent directly to LLU by the institutions attended. -- Please send photocopies of your transcripts and degree certificate to the issuing institution and ask for the copies to be verified as correct. They should wet-sign and stamp that the transcripts have been verified and found correct and then mail the verified documents directly to LLU. We will also accept original academic transcripts directly from the issuing institution though the verifications of photocopies are usually faster. Transcripts must show grades awarded and degree(s) earned. This process can take a few months so please plan accordingly.

English Translations

Precise, word-for-word, English translations are required for all foreign language documents. Often the issuing institution will provide an English translation. Alternatively, the student may provide the translation. If the translation is anything other than the issuing institution's official document, an original-language official transcript is still required from the issuing institution. Inclusion of the applicant's name in English on an original-language transcript by the issuing foreign school helps identify who the transcript is for.

Evaluations of International Coursework

All international (non-US) transcripts including high school must be submitted to one of the following evaluation services. Evaluations by companies other than those listed are not accepted. Contact the chosen service for their document requirements, pricing, and processing time.

Results of the evaluation are to be sent directly to LLU from the evaluation service. All evaluation reports are advisory. LLU reserves the right to make final equivalency decisions.

Please Note: Transcript copies included in official WES evaluation reports will also satisfy the requirement for official transcripts.

  1. World Education Services International Credential Advantage Package (WES ICAP – Course-by-course) *
  2. Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc (ECE)
  3. American Education Research Corporation (AERC)
  4. American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) **

* WES evaluations which include copies of international academic transcripts and degree certificate(s)are considered by Loma Linda University as official and will fulfill the requirement for those schools/universities. If you are using the transcript(s) to satisfy a prerequisite degree, ordering a document-by-document WES ICAP report will be sufficient. However, if you wish to transfer any courses or use them to satisfy prerequisite courses, you must order a WES ICAP course-by-course evaluation. When ordering any WES, select “Loma Linda University” from the drop-down list. You do not need to write the address.

** AACRAO no longer evaluates new transcripts as of September, 2016. If you had an AACRAO evaluation done prior to this date we will continue to accept it as long as AACRAO continues to maintain the record and is able to send it.

Request a Course-by-course Report - see program web pages for additional specific requirements

  • School of Allied Health Professions
    • Entry-level DPT (PTCAS) requires WES
  • School of Behavioral Health
  • School of Dentistry
  • School of Medicine, Basic Sciences programs
  • School of Nursing
  • School of Pharmacy
  • School of Public Health - requires WES
  • School of Religion

English Proficiency

Regardless of nationality or citizenship, an applicant whose native language is not English or whose secondary education has been given outside the U.S. is required to pass a test of English proficiency.

Test results/scores are to be sent directly to LLU from the testing service.

University minimum scores: (programs may be stricter)

  • TOEFL scores are valid for two years from the test date. If it has been more than two years since the test taker last took TOEFL, the test must be taken again. The institution code for Loma Linda University is 4062. TOEFL minimum scores: 

    • 80 - Internet-based

    • 550 - paper-based, including a minimum final score of 5.0 on the TWE part (Test of Written English)

  • IELTS scores are valid for two years from the test date. LLU minimum score is 6.5
  • MELAB LLU minimum score is 77. (Test is no longer offered)

  • PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English-Academic) LLU minimum score is 60
  • iTEP Academic-Plus (International Test of English Proficiency, Academic-Plus) LLU minimum score is 3.5

Where to Send Documents

All documents must be sent directly from the issuing institution. Please reference llu.edu/apply for detailed information regarding transcripts. It is recommended that you obtain a tracking number for each document mailed or shipped.

For information on where to have your transcripts/mark sheets/degree certificate sent, please reference https://home.llu.edu/academics/how-apply

For documents which are sent electronically, please reference llu.edu/apply

ADAT, NBDHE, and NBDE Part 1 and Part II must be sent to admissions.app@llu.edu directly from the American Dental Association.

English proficiency requirements may be found here

Admissions Questions

Contact the admissions office with any questions you have about how to fill out the online application or about the application process:

School of Allied Health Professions: askalliedhealth@llu.edu
School of Behavioral Health: admissions.sbh@llu.edu
School of Dentistry: admissions.sd@llu.edu
School of Dentistry, Advanced Dental Education: advanceddentaledu@llu.edu
School of Nursing: admissions.sn@llu.edu
School of Medicine, MD: admissions.sm@llu.edu
School of Medicine, Basic Sciences: basicsciences@llu.edu
School of Pharmacy: admissions.sp@llu.edu
School of Public Health: admissions.sph@llu.edu
School of Religion: religion@llu.edu

Immigration Documents

Please submit your LLU application and supporting documents early. LLU must have time to process all necessary immigration documents and send them to you for your processing. Governmental papers take time. Please be sure to apply early and have your transcripts and evaluation sent early so we will have time to offer an acceptance and then follow the standard immigration procedures to get you here before your classes begin.

Immigration Questions

International Student Services
11139 Anderson St
Loma Linda University
Loma Linda, CA 92350

Email: intlstdsrv@llu.edu
Phone: (909) 558-4955

Main Admissions Page

Business Hours