The Learning Outcomes Committee’s (LOC) charge is to guide the development of university institutional learning outcome assessment framework and activities; to serve as a forum for institutional learning outcome (ILO) assessment; and oversee and manage the ILO assessment University-wide. The LOC reports to the Educational Effectiveness Committee. In fulfilling this charge we will:
- Serve as a forum with support for institutional learning outcome assessment:
- Work with the Office of Educational Effectiveness to oversee and manage the Loma Linda University-wide institutional learning outcome assessment processes.
- Work with the Office of Educational Effectiveness to provide institutional learning outcomes education, in-service, and resources.
- Work with the Office of Educational Effectiveness (OEE) to provide, maintain, and support for ILO assessment on the OEE website for the University at large.
- Guide the development of University institutional learning outcome assessment framework and activities:
- Guide the development and oversight of ILOs University-wide.
- Implement four-year assessment cycle for University-wide ILOs.
- Review and modify ILO rubrics as needed to capture global elements for each ILO, allowing added contextualization by programs and schools.
- Facilitate the collection of ILO summative assessment data.
- Review and evaluate the collection and analysis of summative data.
- Write ILO assessment and accreditation reports.
- Nancy Sarpy - Associatet Professor, School of Nursing
- Judy Peters - Associate Professor, School of Nursing
- Educational Effectiveness - Marilyn Eggers, Director
- Allied Health Professions
- Rasha Adrabou
- Georgia Hodgkin
- Heather Javaherian-Dysinger
- Richard Nelson
- Behavioral Health
- Qais Alemi
- Kimberly Freeman
- Eun-Hwi Cho
- Nancy Sarpy
- Paul Gavaza