The University initiated a formal program review process in spring 2009. Most programs without professional, external accreditation were reviewed first and will continue to be reviewed on a five-year cycle. Initiation of programs with professional, external accreditation began this fall and will coincide with external accreditation cycles.
Program Review Process Tracks
- WSCUC-Only: Programs that do not have professional or external accreditation.
- WSCUC-Plus: Programs that have professional, discipline-specific accreditation.
Program Review Cycle
- WSCUC-Only: Six-year cycle - the third cycle is from 2015-2021.
- WSCUC-Plus: These programs will follow their professional accreditation cycle. These programs will follow their professional accreditation cycle and program review materials.
The following materials are provided to programs during the review process.
Program Review Guides and Resources
Program Review Guide (PDF) Updated 1/25/2021
Small Program Review Guide (PDF) Updated 5/15/2018
Navigation Links Added
- LLU Program Review Highlights (PDF)
- Planning and Conducting Remote Reviews (PDF)
- WSCUC-Only or WSCUC-Plus? (PDF)
Compares and contrasts the two categories of programs and what is required for each.
- Guidelines for Program Review Site Visit and External Review Report (PDF)
Can be sent to program site team members.
- Action Plan Sample (PDF)
WSCUC-Only and WSCUC-Plus
- Action Plan in AMS
- AMS Online Program Review Tool
- How to Finalize Document Presentation
- Guidelines for Academic (Program) Definitions (PDF)
This is particularly important when developing new programs.
- Program Assessment Plan Information and Resources
Note: The Program Review Committee and the Digital Education Committee have developed the PR process for online programs. The full process is required for online programs plus some areas that are unique to the delivery modality. If you have questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.