The overall objective of this symposium is to present information about the newest advances in treatment of heart failure. Much of this knowledge is not yet available in standard textbooks.
By the end of this symposium the attendee will be able to:
- Review the current concepts and management options for systolic & bystolic congestive heart failure.
- List the options available for advanced heart failure in patients that fail in conventional therapy.
- Review and discuss best practices for acute heart failure therapy, including acute treatment and preventing rehospitalization.
- Recognize how new developments in genetics and cardio-oncology impact heart failure management.
Overview and Medical Management Strategies for Heart Failure (HF)
Moderator: Anthony Hilliard, MD
|8:00 am||Epidemic of Heart Failure: History, Evolution and Revolution in Heart Failure||Dmitry Abramov, MD|
|8:20 am||Pathophysiology of Heart Failure, Back to Basics||Ramesh Bansal, MD|
|9:00 am||Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy||Vinutha Rajesh, MD|
|9:15 am||Use of Echo in Heart Failure||Ramesh Bansal, MD|
|9:45 am||Break and Exhibits|
|10:00 am||Unusual Causes of Myocardial Disease||Purvi Parwani, MD|
|10:15 am||Added Value of MRI in Heart Failure||Chetan Shenoy, MD|
|10:45 am||Heart Failure with Reduced EF (HFrEF) Early Diagnosis & Therapeutic||Inder Anand, MD|
|11:30 am||Management of Congenital Heart Disease with Heart Failure||Ahmed Kheiwa, MD|
|12:00 pm||Lunch and Exhibits|
|1:00 pm||Heart Failure with Preserved EF (HFpEF): State of the Art||Inder Anand, MD|
2019 Possible Interventions in Heart Failure
Moderator: Kenneth Jutzy, MD
|1:40 pm||Who Needs ICD, CRT and Atrial Fibrillation Ablation in 2019?||Rahul Bhardwaj, MD|
|2:00 pm||TAVR in AS Related Heart Failure||Kenneth Jutzy, MD|
|2:20 pm||Mitral Valve Clip in Mitral Regurgitation Related Heart Failure||Islam Abudayyeh, MD|
|2:40 pm||Acute Decompensated Heart Failure: Strategies to Avoid Readmissions||Liset Stoletniy, MD|
Cardio-Oncology and Advanced Heart Failure Options
Moderator:& Liset Stoletniy, MD
|3:00 pm||Cancer Therapies Induced Cardiac Disease: Early Detection and Management||Juan Lopez-Mattei, MD|
|3:30 pm||Break and Exhibits|
|3:50 pm||Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors and Myocarditis||Juan Lopez-Mattei, MD|
|4:10 pm||Advanced Heart Failure: When to Refer to MCS or Heart Transplant?||Antoine Sakr, MD|
|4:30 pm||Over 50 Years of Heart Transplant||Anees Razzouk, MD|
|5:00 pm||Questions and Answers|
|5:05 pm||Wrap-Up and Adjournment|
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation and this program meets the qualifications for 7.0 hours continuing education credit by the ANCC.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center Office of Staff Development is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. LLUMC Office of Staff Development maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. This event meets the qualifications for 7.0 hours of continuing education credit for psychologists as required by the American Psychological Association.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 00239, this program is approved for 7.0 contact hours.
- This symposium has been approved for 8.75 Category A continuing education credit by the ASRT.
- Respiratory Care Practitioners reciprocate with provider number 00239
- Behavioral Health Professionals reciprocate with APA
Continuing Medical Education:
The Loma Linda University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Loma Linda University School of Medicine designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has been planned and implemented in accordance with ACCME essentials and standards. The Loma Linda University School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education relies on its CME faculty to provide program content that is free of commercial bias. Therefore, in accordance with ACCME standards, any faculty and/or provider industry relationships will be disclosed and resolved.