This course introduces the concept of movement therapy and enhancement via functional taping methods. It includes a review of the current literature supporting the theory of kinesiology taping for the purposes of rehabilitation, edema/swelling management, neuropathic pain, scar mobility and postural management. FMT Basic is an evidence-informed kinesiology taping course that redefines our understanding of the effects of elastic therapeutic taping on pain mitigation, circulation and proprioception. FMT Basic lays the groundwork for a practical framework of ‘taping movement, not muscles’ to replace an outdated model focused on directional taping to activate or inhibit muscles.
This course is intended for practitioners and therapists with all levels of experience with taping. Rocktape will supply tape, scissors and digital course manuals and Assessment equipment. Participants should present themselves with comfortable clothing to allow for full range of motion and application of tape.
Functional Movement Techniques (FMT) Certification courses are led by industry leading experts in movement assessment and therapy and movement assessment equipment , Objectives:
At the end of this conference the attendee should be able to:
- Define and discuss the physiological effects of kinesiology taping
- Demonstrate and apply functional taping techniques as they apply to rehabilitation, edema management, neuropathic pain, and posture improvement.
- Introduce, define and demonstrate the concept of longitudinal muscle chain kinesiology taping.
- Describe and delineate pathologic scar conditions for taping protocols.
|8:00am - 9:00am||Welcome & Introduction of Instructor and history and philosophy of Kinesiology Taping|
|9:00am - 10:00am|
Effects and benefits of Kinesiology Taping on Pain -Trunk/Lower Extremity
|10 minute break|
|10:00am - 11:00am|
Effects and benefits of Kinesiology Taping on Pain -Upper Extremity
Effects and benefits of Kinesiology Taping on Fluid Dynamics
|60 minute lunch break|
|1:00pm - 02:00pm||Real World Solutions for Common musculoskeletal injuries using Kinesiology Tape|
|2:00pm - 03:00pm|
Effects and benefits of Kinesiology Taping on Posture
|10 minute break|
|3:00pm - 04:00pm|
Effects and benefits of Kinesiology Taping on Scar
|4:00pm - 05:00pm|
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is recognized as a Continuing Competency Approving Agency by the Physical Therapy Board of California. This program is approved for 7.0 CE credits
- Occupational Therapists reciprocate with provider PDP#42 and will receive 7.0 CE credits.
Speaker: Ethan M. Kreiswirth, PhD, ATC
General Participant 255.00
LLUH Employee/Faculty 225.00
PT Clinical Instructor 225.00