With the anxiety, depression, and suicide rates rising to an all-time high, it is imperative that mental health professionals lead the way in providing solutions to this issue. Knowing how to identify and assess for anxiety, depression, and suicide can be an important step in responding to an individual in crisis and can lead to an intervention that saves their life. This training will present some of the contributing elements of anxiety, depression and suicide and offer an opportunity to discuss proactive solutions to this epidemic.
By the end of this symposium the attendee will be able to:
- Demonstrate the prevalence of suicide in our current society
- Discuss the contributing factors of suicide
- Present an overview of depression, focused on physical symptoms
- Practice thorough risk assessment implementing Mental Health First Aid action plan
|8:00 am - 8:45 am||Impact of Depression and Anxiety|
|8:45 am - 9:30 am||Contributing Factors of Depression and Anxiety|
|9:30 am - 9:45 am||Break|
|9:45 am - 10:45 am||Signs and Symptoms of Depression and Anxiety|
|10:45 am - 12:00 pm||Mental Health First Aid for Depression and Anxiety|
- Loma Linda University Medical Center Office of Staff Development is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. LLUMC Office of Staff Development maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. This event meets the qualifications for 3.75 hours of continuing education credit for psychologists as required by the American Psychological Association.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 00239, this program is approved for 3.75 contact hours.
- Respiratory Care Practitioners reciprocate with provider number 00239
- Behavioral Health Professionals reciprocate with APA
- The Loma Linda University School of Public Health is a pre-approved provider of CPH recertification credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners. This event will earn 3.75 re-certification credits.
- Loma Linda University School of Public Health is a designated provider of Category I continuing education contract hours for health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. The NCHEC Multiple Event Provider (MEP) number is CA0024. This event will be available for 3.75 CHES credit hours.
Kelly Baek, PhD
Loma Linda Univeristy School of Behavior Health
All Participants 15.00