The on-campus office (CAPS) for connecting Loma Linda University students and staff to local service opportunities.Community-Academic Partners in Service (CAPS)
Loma Linda University engages with the community in various ways. Local community engagement is the broader term which captures all of the Loma Linda University opportunities and presence in the community, and the Institute for Community Partnerships is the hub for Loma Linda University’s local engagement. Whether you are interested in programs for youth education or partnering with local non-profit organizations, the themes below provide resources and opportunities for local community engagement.
Resources and Opportunities
Programs for our Community
Loma Linda University offers many programs through community partnerships. Click on the links below for more information.
- Just for Seniors
- Bereavement Programs
- CAPS Community Partners and Sponsors
- Safe Kids
- Camp Good Grief
- Big Hearts for Little Hearts Guild
- Family Health Fair
- Children’s Day
- UReach (Ministries: ACTS Transit Service, Burrito Project, Meals on Wheels, Excell Mentoring & Tutoring, RE:LIVE Thrift, UReach Café)
Healthy communities and access to health care is a priority for Loma Linda University, below is a list of resources that address these two important needs.
- Community-based Health Care
- Cornerstone Free Health Clinic
- SAC Health
- Dentistry Community Outreach
- Mobile Dental Unit
- Street Medicine - Stephen Thorp
- Perinatal Institute (Includes the department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, the Total Care Birth Center, NICU, Diabetes Treatment Center and the Comprehensive Tobacco Treatment Program)
- Diabetes Treatment Center
- Community Health Workers
- Community Health Reports
- LiveStream Blood Donation - Murrieta
Volunteering is at the heart of Loma Linda University Health culture. Click here for staff, faculty, community, and student volunteering opportunities.