Program DescriptionElectrophysiology (EP) is an emerging healthcare science and therapy. EP is a subspecialty of cardiology that focuses on diagnosing and treating cardiac arrhythmias. Technologists assist the cardiologist during diagnostic and invasive procedures including programmed electrical stimulation, sterile scrub technique, electro-anatomical 3D mapping, catheter ablation for cardiac arrhythmias and device implantation for cardiac rhythm management such as pacemakers and other advanced implantable devices.
Program Length12 months: Please note: The AS program is taught online with clinical rotations at affiliated hospitals in various geographical locations.
Possible CareersCardiac Cath Labs, Hospital and Clinical settings, Sales positions for Bio-technology companies.
Application DeadlinesJanuary 1 to June 30 with a March 31 priority deadline
- Minimum G.P.A. is 2.4
- Prerequisites should be completed
- Religion: 4 units per year of attendance at a Seventh-day Adventist college or university
- High school algebra or intermediate algebra in college
- Anatomy and physiology
- Introductory chemistry
- Introductory physics or high school physics
- Choose one from the following: general psychology, general sociology, cultural anthropology
- English composition, complete sequence
- Medical Terminology
- Electives to reach a total of 39 quarter units of prerequisites (26 semester)
Integrating faith and health
Loma Linda University educates and encourages a balanced life by living our values of humility, compassion, justice, integrity, excellence, freedom and self- control. You will be surrounded by faculty who are committed to healthcare innovation and research while engaging your spirituality.