LLU’s Healthcare Administration program contains a distinctive online curriculum designed to prepare individuals to serve in mid-level administration, supporting health care professionals such as clinicians, researchers and executives in a variety of health care environments. Such environments include assisted living and skilled nursing facilities; rehabilitation centers; private, public, and proprietary clinics; and medical centers.
Students will be trained in health care leadership, emotional intelligence, sustainability, information systems, financial management, assessment, strategic and marketing plan development personnel management, law and policy, and operations management. These core skill sets give students a competitive edge in the health care sector.
Program Length15 months (full-time) or 24 months (part-time)
Administrative positions in various healthcare settings, including, but not limited to:
• Clinical Department Manager
• Hospital Administrator
• Health-care Human Resources Manager
• Social and Community Services Manager
• Medical Office Administrator
• Health-care Initiative Project Manager
• Dental Office Business Manager
• Health Information Officer
• Nursing Home Administrator
• Coordinator, Healthcare Administration
• Director of Admissions, School of Medicine
Application DeadlinesThere are currently no published application deadlines.
For regular admittance, the following academic qualifications of applicants must be demonstrated:
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA of all freshman and sophomore course work from an accredited educational institution; students with a 2.0 – 2.49 GPA may be considered for provisional acceptance
- High school diploma or its equivalent, the GED is required
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate work sent by each previous institution to LLU
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Terminology
- Introduction to Computers (High School or waiver exam is acceptable)
- College Algebra (2 years High School Algebra or Intermediate College Algebra)
- Oral Communication, Public Speaking, or Interpersonal Communication
Students that come to LLU with at least 116 quarter units can complete the BSHA program in 5 quarters of full-time enrollment; part-time enrollment is permitted. Students that come to LLU with at least 104 quarter units can complete the BSHA program in 8 quarters of full-time enrollment.
28-32 quarter units of Spiritual and Cultural Heritage
24-32 quarter units of Scientific Inquiry and Analysis
9-13 quarter units of Communication
3-6 units of Health and Wellness
Discipline Accrediting AgencyLoma Linda University is regionally accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities.
State Accrediting Agency
State laws across the nation require universities to be authorized to legally deliver online education to students residing in states other than the home state of the institution. To view the list of states authorizing Loma Linda University online students, go to: https://home.llu.edu/education/office-of-provost/departments-and-divisions/educational-effectiveness/online-programs/llu-state-authorization