The thesis or research Master of Science degree provides training for individuals who will become technicians involved in biomedical research in universities or in the biotechnology industry, and for medical technologists seeking specialized research training.
The non-thesis Master of Science degree provides content appropriate for medical technologists preparing for the specialist in microbiology certification; for secondary teachers seeking advanced training in areas such as molecular biology, immunology, or microbiology; and for students seeking admission to professional schools, such as medicine or dentistry.
By the end of the program, the graduate should be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the biomedical sciences.
- Demonstrate subject mastery in molecular, cellular, and integrative aspects of microbiology and immunity/inflammation.
- Interpret the current literature in microbiology and immunity/inflammation.
- Make original contributions to the body of biomedical knowledge.
- Exhibit the principles of scientific and professional ethics.
Program LengthTwo (2) years— based on full-time enrollment; part time permitted.
|Quarter||Application Open||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Autumn of 2022||Aug 1, 2021||Jan 1, 2022||May 1, 2022|
|Autumn of 2023||Aug 1, 2022||Jan 1, 2023||May 1, 2023|