The Online/Hybrid Doctor of Social Work (DSW) degree is an 83-quarter unit, 3-year program designed to meet the needs of post-master’s social work professionals desiring to advance their careers in the areas of clinical leadership and practice innovation. Loma Linda University’s internationally and nationally recognized faculty will guide experienced and accomplished social work practitioners to become scholar practitioners, capable of advancing clinical social work practice knowledge and innovation through applied scholarship, leadership, education and the promotion of social justice in support of whole person care in an increasingly diverse and global practice environment.
3 years (11 quarters)
Clinical leadership; upper administration in large public and community-based non-profit agencies; behavioral health research and evaluation; health care administration.
|Quarter||Application Open||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Autumn of 2020||Feb 4, 2020||—||Jun 15, 2020|
• An MSW (or equivalent e.g., MSSW) from a program that is accredited by the CSWE.
• A minimum of four years' professional social work experience post receipt of the MSW degree.
• A minimum MSW GPA of 3.3. • Writing assessment, GRE general test: The analytical writing section score must equal 4.0 or higher, or applicant can demonstrate proficiency in professional writing as evidenced by first authorship on a professional publication.
• License to practice clinical social work is preferred.
• Structured essay.
• Structured oral interview with program.
• Curriculum vitae.
• Three letters of recommendation (academic and professional).
A MSW from a CSWE accredited univsertity and minimum of four years expierence post MSW.
Discipline Accrediting Agency
The Council of Social Work Education is presently drafting accreditation policies and standards for DSW programs. LLU faculty are participating in the development of this criteria, and have designed the DSW program at LLU to meet forth-coming accreditation policies and standards for DSW programs.
State Accrediting Agency
N/A - Falls under our regional WASC accreditation for the University.