The MSRS program is a two-year, 45-unit, part-time program consisting of 79 academic weeks. This seven-quarter program begins in the fall term and concludes at the end of the second spring term. Students are expected to complete 6-7 units each quarter for seven quarters. An accelerated one-year option beginning in the summer term is available for qualified applicants. Students enroll in the same courses and there are no areas of emphases. Students are expected to participate in the graduation ceremony on campus. The program faculty utilizes a learning management system to host courses, and e-mail is the primary communication mechanism between faculty members and students.
State laws across the nation require universities to be authorized to legally deliver online education to students residing in states other than the home state of the institution. To view the list of states authorizing Loma Linda University online students, go to: https://home.llu.edu/education/office-of-provost/departments-and-divisions/educational-effectiveness/online-programs/llu-state-authorization
Program Length2 years (7 quarters) - part-time or 12 month (4 quarters) - full-time
Possible Careersmanager, administrator, and educator
|Quarter||Application Open||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Autumn of 2020||Jan 1, 2020||—||Sep 1, 2020|
- Bachelor’s degree with GPA or 3.0
- Certification by the ARRT in a radiation technology discipline
- Copy of current state license/certification
PrerequisitesThere are no specific courses required. Please reference the Admissions Requirements.
Discipline Accrediting AgencyLoma Linda University is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501; telephone: (510) 748-9001.
Expected Cost of Attendance
Academic Year 2019-2020
|Year of Program:||Year 1|
|Books & Supplies||$1,200|
|Misc (e.g., Boards, Licensing exam, Uniforms)||—|
Expected costs for the 2019-2020 academic year are based on full time attendance. From year to year, increases are anticipated consistent with inflation in the professional education sector.The cost of attendance varies from year to year. Please contact the office of Student Finance for up-to-date costs.
Estimated Living Expenses
Academic Year 2019-2020, off campus, with a roommate
|Year of Program:||Year 1|
|Room & Board||$15,540|
- Amounts are what a student can apply to borrow for the number of months shown in each academic year based on living off campus with a roommate and not with a relative.
- International students need to calculate 12 months of living expenses based on the numbers listed here.
- In general, to qualify for financial aid a student must be enrolled at least half time taking degree requirements. Half time is 6 units in a quarter for undergraduate programs and 4 units in a quarter for graduate programs.