Date: Sunday, March 4, 2018
Time: 8:30am – 4:00pm
Check-in: 8:00am - 8:30am
Conference: 8:30am - 3:00pm
- General Participant: $50.00
- LLUH Alumni/Employees/Faculty/Students: $0.00
Contining Education Courss by Profession:
Radiology Hot Topics 2018 provides a day of CEU topics designed for medical radiographers and imaging specialists. As the healthcare team moves into the New Year, updates within the profession of radiography and special imaging are evolving too. Topics for the event will include: mobile software in medicine, CR to DR and optimal image quality with decreased dose, utilizing child life specialists when dealing with the pediatric patient population, Gadolinium-based MRI contrast agents, radiation safety and patient holding. If you are interested in up-to-date information presented by experts within the profession, please join us for this informative day.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss new information on obtaining optimal images while decreasing radiation dose.
- Recognize how the Child Life Specialist position will play a positive role in the Radiology department.
- Review radiation safety information and discuss new information on this important topic.
- Discuss the various DR panel technologies, anti-scatter grids, suppression software, and proper technique selection.
- Define the gadolinium-based MRI contrast agents, safety profile and new developments.
Continuing Education Credits:
Continuing Education Approval Statememts:
- Category A CE credit is ASRT approved for 6.25 CEU
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 00239, this program is approved for 5.5 contact hours.