1. How do I determine if my credits will transfer to LLU?
To determine if your credits will transfer, please meet with your advisor. You can also find transfer credit information by going to Student Services Academic Life Registration & Course Schedules Course Articulations.
2. I took a course that is not showing on my degree audit and I believe it fulfills a requirement – what do I do?
To determine if your course will fulfill a degree requirement, please meet with your advisor.
3. A course was showing up on my degree audit and now it is no longer showing up – what do I do?
Please reach out to University Records by sending an email with the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. How do I change my catalog year?
To be eligible to change your catalog year, you need to have been registered for courses in your current program during the catalog year you wish to change to. If your advisor advises you to change your catalog year, you can submit the request through the Change of Catalog workflow. You can find this workflow by going to Student Services Academic Life Forms Change of Catalog Form
5. How do I sign up for proctoring?
Proctoring is available for current LLU students in an undergraduate program taking a distance education course to meet prerequisite/General Education requirements. Email email@example.com to set up a proctoring appointment.
6. How do I sign up for credit by exam?
First, contact your advisor to determine if you are eligible to earn credit by exam. If you are eligible, complete the Credit by Exam form.
7. When do I need to submit a graduation petition?
A completed graduation petition must be submitted per the dates listed in the below table. Be sure to review your Degree Compliance Report (DCR) or LLUonTrack worksheet as you’re filling out the petition to ensure that all degree requirements will be met.
Graduates and Deadlines
Spring and Summer Program Completion (May - Sept)
Autumn Program Completion (Dec)
Winter Program Completion (Mar)
Graduation Petition: Last day for Student to submit Graduation Petition to School
Graduation Petition: Last day for School to submit to University Records
8. How do I request a GPA verification for the Cal Grant?
Google “Cal Grant GPA Verification Form” to retrieve the form. Print, sign, and submit the form to University Records. The Cal Grant GPA submission deadline is indicated on the form (usually early March).
1. How do I reset my PIN?
From the login page enter your student ID or SSN and select “Forgot PIN”. This will lead your security question or Reset PIN Page . For questions, contact University Records at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-558-4508.
2. How do I log in if I do not remember the answer to the security question?
If you do not remember the answer to your security question, please select “Forgot Answer” to be directed to the Reset PIN Page . For questions, contact University Records at email@example.com or 909-558-4508.
3. What if I do not remember the email I used while in attendance at LLU?
If you do not remember the email you used while attending LLU, provide an email that you may have used when completing your initial application. If you do not use that email anymore, select “Submit Request for ID and/or PIN” and complete the PIN/STUDENT ID REQUEST FORM . For questions, contact University Records at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-558-4508.
4. How do I request my student identification number?
1. When will grades be posted on my LLU transcript?
Grades will be posted on your transcript as early as four business days after the end of the course.
2. The grade I received is incorrect. How do I go about changing the grade?
Contact the course instructor regarding grade questions.
3. My instructor submitted a grade change, will I be notified when it is processed?
A notification will be sent to your LLU email when the grade change is processed.
Graduation and Alumni
1. How can I find information on the commencement ceremony?
Commencement information can be found at https://home.llu.edu/education/commencement .
2. When will my diploma be ready?
From the time your diploma is ordered, it will take 6 – 8 weeks for University Records to receive the official printed diploma. When your diploma is ready, a notification will be sent to your email on record. Please reply to indicate whether you want it mailed or held for pickup at University Records.
3. How do I order a replacement/additional diploma?
4. How do I order a certified copy of my diploma?
5. How do I order a Degree Verification?
To order an official Degree Verification, login at Student Services Login Verify Degree/Enrollment Order Transcripts and Other Documents Degree Verification.
Leave of Absence
1. Will I lose my place in my program if I take time off?
No, you will not lose your place if you complete a Leave of Absence form.
2. How do I submit a Leave of Absence form?
To submit a Leave of Absence form, login at Student Services Login Forms Menu Leave of Absence Form.
3. How can I check on the status of my Leave of Absence form?
To check on the status, login at Student Services Login Forms Menu Forms Waiting for Someone Else. Select your Leave of Absence form and scroll to the bottom to see where it is pending in the queue. If you have questions contact your advisor.
4. How do I know when my Leave of Absence form is processed?
A notification will be sent to your LLU email when the Leave of Absence form is processed.
5. Will I receive a refund for dropped course(s)?
Requested course drops are processed with the date you submit the Leave of Absence form. This date determines if course(s) are eligible for a refund based on Refund Dates viewable on the course schedule under “Important Dates.”
6. When will I receive a refund?
If your dropped course(s) are eligible for a refund, you will receive it after the notification is sent to your LLU email that your Leave of Absence form has been processed. For further information contact the Student Finance Office at email@example.com or 909-558-4520.
7. I changed my mind and do not want to take a Leave of Absence. How can I cancel my leave request?
The first step is to notify your advisor as soon as possible. Then, cancel your Leave of Absence by going to Student Services Login Forms Menu Program Withdrawal/Leave of Absence Cancelation. Sign the form, submit to your Academic Dean for the final signature, and then submit to University Records.
8. I am returning early from my Leave of Absence; how do I activate my student status?
If you are returning early, please notify your advisor/program director as soon as possible.
1. What is load validation?
Load validation is used to correctly represent the amount of work you are putting into your thesis, research, or dissertation coursework.
2. How will I know if I am eligible to load validate?
You will receive a notification email if you are registered in a load validation eligible course. Load validation is available for students who are registered for at least one unit in research, thesis, or dissertation for the current term or carrying an IP (In-Progress) grade from a previous term for one of these courses.
3. When would I need to load validate?
It is recommended that if you are enrolled in a research, thesis, or dissertation course that you load validate so the number of hours you are working per week is accurately reflected in our system. Accurate representation of your work could be used to defer loans, maintain immigration status, or to establish financial aid eligibility.
4. How do I load validate?
To load validate, go to Student Services Login Forms Menu Load Validation Request.
5. What should I put in the “Equivalent Clock Hours per Week” field on the Load Validation request?
The “Equivalent Clock Hours per Week” field needs to reflect the number of hours you plan to work per week. Work with your instructor to determine the appropriate number of hours.
6. How can I check the status of my Load Validation request?
To check on the status of your Load Validation request, you can go to Student Services Login Forms Menu Forms Waiting for Someone Else. Select your Load Validation request and scroll to the bottom to see where it is pending in the queue. You may then contact that department to inquire about the status.
7. How do I know when my Load Validation is processed?
A notification will be sent to your LLU email when the Load Validation request is processed.
Loan Deferment/Enrollment Verification
1. How do I defer my loans?
Many loan providers require verification of enrollment to defer your student loans. You may submit an Enrollment Verification Request by logging in at Student Services Login Defer My Loans Order Transcripts and Other Documents.
2. How soon will my Enrollment Verification request be processed?
· Electronic: processed same day
· Mailed: processed within 3-5 business days
· Pickup: processed within 3-5 business days
3. I have a form from my loan provider that needs to be filled out by LLU. What do I do?
When you are placing an Enrollment Verification order, make sure to select Mailed or Pickup options, as attached forms will only be reviewed and filled out for these options.
4. How will I be notified when the request has been completed?
When your request has been processed a notification will be sent to the email account you provided.
1. How do I withdraw from my program?
You need to submit a Program Withdrawal Form found online at Student Services Login Forms Menu Program Withdrawal Form.
2. How can I check on the status of my Program Withdrawal form?
To check on the status of your Program Withdrawal Form, login at Student Services Login Forms Menu Forms Waiting for Someone Else. Select your Program Withdrawal Form and scroll to the bottom to see where it is pending in the queue. If you have questions contact your advisor.
3. How do I know when my Program Withdrawal form is processed?
A notification will be sent to your LLU email when the Program Withdrawal Form is processed.
4. Will I receive a refund for dropped course(s)?
Requested course drops are processed with the date you submit the Program Withdrawal form. This date determines if course(s) are eligible for a refund based on Refund Dates viewable on the course schedule under “Important Dates.”
5. When will I receive a refund?
If your dropped course(s) are eligible for a refund, you will receive it after the notification is sent to your LLU email that your Program Withdrawal form has been processed. For further information contact the Student Finance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-558-4520.
6. I changed my mind and do not want to withdraw from my program. How can I cancel the Program Withdrawal?
The first step is to notify your advisor as soon as possible. Then, cancel your Program Withdrawal by going to Student Services Login Forms Menu Program Withdrawal Cancelation. Sign the form, submit to your Academic Dean for the final signature, and then submit to University Records.
1. How do I register for courses?
If you have been accepted into a Loma Linda University program, login at Student Services Login and click on the Registration Portal to complete the registration process. If you are not accepted into a program and would like to sign up for courses, you may do so by completing the Non-Degree Registration form.
2. How will I know registration is open?
You will receive a notification via your LLU email account once registration opens. You can also find your registration dates in the Registration Portal by logging in at Student Services Login .
3. How do I clear my registration holds?
In the Registration Portal , you can clear your holds by selecting the “Click Here” link next to the Clear Registration Holds section. Instructions are provided on how to clear each hold. Once all registration holds have been cleared, a red check mark will appear in the Clear Registration Holds section.
4. How much time do I have to clear registration holds?
You may clear registration holds at any time after you confirm your acceptance to an LLU program. If any registration holds exist, an email reminder will be sent to you four weeks and two weeks before registration opens. Keep in mind that you cannot sign up for courses until all holds are cleared.
5. Where can I find the Course Reference Number (CRN) for a course I want to take?
To find the 5-digit CRN, please go to www.llu.edu/records and select “Find a Course.” Select the desired search option(s). If the CRN is not listed, please contact your School/Department.
6. How do I know I have completed registration?
Registration is complete when all holds have been addressed, you have signed up for courses, and you have obtained financial clearance. You will then see this banner at the top of your Registration Portal:
Congratulations, you are registered!
7. How do I add or drop a course after I have cleared finance?
To make changes to your registration after clearing finance, login at Student Services Login. Go to your Registration Portal and under the Sign up for Courses section click on “Add or Drop a Course.” Read the instructions to cancel financial clearance, make your desired registration changes, and obtain financial clearance to finalize your changes.
8. My Registration Portal will not let me drop my course(s), what do I do?
If you desire to drop all of your courses, follow the prompt to submit a Leave of Absence or Program Withdrawal Form. If you are only registered for one course and want to register for a different course, add the new course first and then drop the unwanted course. If more than 80% of the course has passed, it is too late to drop. If you need assistance, please contact University Records at email@example.com or 909-558-4508.
9. Will canceling financial clearance also cancel my financial aid or previous payments?
No, canceling financial clearance will not cancel your aid or previous payments. If you cancel financial clearance to change your registration, you will simply need to clear finance again when you are finished making changes. All payments will remain the same, but aid maybe affected; you will most likely see a change in your tuition/fee charges, which may require making an additional payment or obtaining additional aid.
10. I am a current student and trying to register, but I am shown as “Inactive.” What do I do?
If you are a current student and shown as “Inactive,” you most likely need to update your expected graduation date. Please contact your program for next steps.
11. Where can I find registration deadlines so I do not have to pay a late fee?
To find registration dates and deadlines, please login at Student Services Login Registration Portal and select the appropriate term.
12. How much of a refund do I get if I drop a course?
To see the dates and percentages of refund available for any course, login at Student Services Login Registration Portal, scroll down to Sign up for Courses section, and click on the course you want to drop.
13. I am trying to add a course but “Independent Study Plan required” appears. How can I add the course?
If the Independent Study Plan error message appears, this means you need to complete an Independent Study Plan before adding the course. Login at Student Services Login Forms and Resources Independent Study Plan.
14. As an employee how can I sign up for courses?
You can sign up for courses as a non-degree student or by applying to a program. To register for courses as a Non-Degree student, please complete the Non-Degree Registration Form. If you are interested in applying to a program, please start at our How to Apply page.
15. As an employee how do I use my tuition benefits?
Once courses have been added, the Tuition Benefits Form will be available in the Registration Portal. Complete and submit the form as instructed. Contact Office of Student Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-558-4520 for additional questions.
16. Can I take courses if I am not enrolled in a program?
17. How many units can I take as a Non-Degree student?
Units that apply toward a degree program are limited to 12 units. General Education Units or undergraduate religion courses are not limited.
18. I am unable to sign up for a course due to a restriction. What do I do?
a. Instructor’s Signature required – The course is restricted to students with instructor permission only. Please contact the instructor for permission to add the course.
b. Independent Study Plan required - The course is an independent study type course (e.g., Independent Study, Directed Study, Research, Thesis, Dissertation, etc.). Please complete the Independent Study Plan located on the Student Services Login under Forms & Resources. When the process is complete, you will be provided a Course Reference Number (CRN) and be able to register for the course.
c. Approval Required – Contact Dept required – The course is restricted to students with department approval only. Please contact your department to receive special permission to register.
d. Not Open for Reg; Online Eval required – The course has not been evaluated for online instruction. Please contact your department.
e. Class Location SMGC required – The course is only available to certain students. Please contact your department for advisement.
f. Field of Study Restriction – The course is restricted to specific majors. Please contact your department.
g. Level Restriction – The course is restricted to a specific level of students (i.e., Undergraduate, Graduate, Professional). Please contact your department for assistance.
h. College Restriction – The course is restricted to students in a specific school (e.g. School of Medicine Students Only). Please contact your department.
i. Campus Restriction – The course is restricted to programs that meet on a specific campus (e.g. online, LLU Campus, etc.). Please contact your department.
19. I am unable to sign up for a course due to an error. What do I do?
a. Closed Section – The course has reached its maximum capacity. Please contact your department to see if an extra seat is available to add the course.
b. Duplicate Course with Section XXXXX – You are already signed up for an identical Prefix and Course Reference Number (CRN). Please contact your department for assistance.
c. Time Conflict – The course you are trying to add is conflicting in dates or times with another course you are already registered for. Please contact your department to determine if the courses are listed at the correct times.
d. Prerequisite or Test Score error – You have not completed the prerequisite course or test, or registered for the corequisite required to register for the course. Please contact your department for assistance.
e. Invalid Bill Hours – The course you are trying to register for is a variable unit course. Please contact your department as they must provide the unit amount to University Records.
g. Registration for this course is not allowed at this time . – The course you are trying to register for is no longer available for online registration. Please contact University Records to determine next steps.
h. Cannot drop last class – If you are trying to drop all registered courses that is considered a withdrawal. Please complete a Leave of Absence or Program Withdrawal to drop the course(s) Student Services Login Forms and Resources Program Withdrawal Request. Non-Degree students must bring an Add/Drop Registration form to University Records.
Transcripts and GPAs
1. I need to send my transcripts to Loma Linda University. Where do I send them?
Please mail paper transcripts to:
Loma Linda University
11139 Anderson St.
Loma Linda, CA 92350
For electronic transcripts sent from a U.S. institution, email to email@example.com
For international transcripts, go to the International Students page for information on sending transcripts.
1. Where can I find my LLU GPA?
You can find your LLU cumulative GPA on your transcript.
· To view your unofficial transcript, login at Student Services Login Order Transcripts Unofficial Academic Transcript
· To order an official transcript, login at Student Services Login Order Transcripts
2. Can I look at my LLU transcript?
Yes, to view your unofficial transcript, login at Student Services Login Order Transcripts à Unofficial Academic Transcript. Note: The unofficial transcript does not include your name or awarded degree(s). For this information please order an official transcript.
3. How do I order official LLU transcripts?
To order official transcripts, login at Student Services Login Order Transcripts.
4. What do I do if I forgot my login information?
Veterans & Military
1. Where do I purchase discount tickets?
2. Where do I obtain my student ID badge?
After you complete your first registration, you can obtain your student ID badge in the Office of Student Affairs located next to the Student Services Center. The Office of Student Affairs can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-558-4510.
3. I changed my name. How do I get my name changed in the LLU system?
To get your name changed, you will need to complete a Name Change Request Form . The form must be submitted to University Records along with the required original documentation. If you are unable to submit the documents in person, you may mail notarized copies to the following address. Please allow 3-5 working days for your name to be updated in our system.
Loma Linda University
11139 Anderson Street
Loma Linda, CA 92350
4. I do not see my course in Canvas. Who do I contact?
Your course will appear in Canvas 48 hours after you have completed registration by requesting financial clearance. For Canvas assistance, please contact Canvas Tech Support at email@example.com or 909-558-4748.
5. How do I log in to Canvas?
6. I do not want to release my information or have my information listed on the Potpourri. How do I request confidentiality?
7. How do I register my car to park on campus or pay for a parking ticket?
8. How can I get a copy of my background check?