Wayne S. Dysinger, MD, MPH
Lifestyle Medicine Physician
CEO, Lifestyle Medicine Solutions
Chair, American Board of Lifestyle Medicines
Dr. Dysinger is a preventive and family medicine physician who currently serves as Chief Executive Officer for Lifestyle Medicine Solutions, a new model primary care concept that is built on Lifestyle Medicine. He is also Chair of the American Board of Lifestyle Medicine, and Medical Director of the Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP). He is an active faculty at Loma Linda University and consults, teaches and participates in research on Lifestyle Medicine issues around the world. Dr. Dysinger was previously Chair, Department of Preventive Medicine, Loma Linda University. He is a past President of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine, is on the board of the American College of Preventive Medicine, and has worked in various capacities with the American Medical Association and the Association for Prevention Teaching and Research. Dr. Dysinger earned his M.D. degree from Loma Linda University School of Medicine (1986), and his MPH from Loma Linda University School of Public Health (1990). He has previously worked in Guam, Atlanta and Dartmouth.
Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018
Time: 7:30am – 5:30pm
Check-in: 7:15am - 7:45am
Introductions: 7:45am - 8:00am
- Dentist: $195.00
- Auxiliary/RDH/RDA: $145.00
- General Participant: $99.00
- Student: $25.00
Continuing Education Courses by Profession:
- Behavioral Health
- Public Health
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
This interdisciplinary symposium will address communication strategies relevant to all health care fields. Attendees will be provided with tools to enable them to incorporate and document delivery of Whole person care. Cultural responsiveness, motivational interviewing, and unique communication models will be highlighted throughout the day.
Upon completion of this conference, the participant will be able to:
- Develop competency in Whole Person Care documentation through patient-centered interviews.
- Review current strategies for Cultural Responsiveness.
- Recognize opportunites to integrate communication models for increasing patient engagement.
- Motivating patients to achieve self-directed health goals.
Continuing Education Credits:
CDE, CE, CME
ANCC, APA, ASRT, BRN, CAPE, CDR, CHES, CPH, MCHES, OT, PT, SPLA
Continuing Education Approval Statements:
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (ANCC).
- Loma Linda University Medical Center Office of Staff Development is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. LLUMC Office of Staff Development maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. This event meets the qualifications for 7.5 hours of continuing education credit for psychologists as required by the American Psychological Association.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 00239, this program is approved for 7.5 contact hours.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is a Continuing Professional Education Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Registered dietitians and dietetic technicians, registered will receive 7.5 continuing professional education units for completion of this program.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development is recognized as a Continuing Competency Approving Agency by the Physical Therapy Board of California. This program is approved for 7.5 CE credits
- This course meets the qualifications for 7.5 hours of continuing professional development credit for Speech-Language Pathologists as required by the California Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Board, provider #PDP42
- Respiratory Care Practitioners reciprocate with provider number 00239
- Occupational Therapists reciprocate with PDP#42
- Behavioral Health Professionals reciprocate with APA
- The Loma Linda University School of Public Health is a pre-approved provider of CPH recertification credits by the National Board of Public Health Examiners. This event will earn 7.5 re-certification credits.
- Loma Linda University School of Public Health is a designated provider of Category I continuing education contract hours for health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. The NCHEC Multiple Event Provider (MEP) number is CA0024. This event will be available for 7.5 CHES credit hours.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Staff Development provider #180 is accredited by the California Accreditation of Pharmacy Education(CAPE) as a recognized provider of continuing pharmacy education. Pharmacists completing this course prior to 03/01/2021 may receive 7.5 credits
- Category A CE credit is ASRT approved for 9.25 CEU
The Loma Linda University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Loma Linda University School of Medicine designates this Live Activity for a maximum of (7.5) AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has been planned and implemented in accordance with ACCME essentials and standards. The Loma Linda University School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education relies on its CME faculty to provide program content that is free of commercial bias. Therefore, in accordance with ACCME standards, any faculty and/or provider industry relationships will be disclosed and resolved.
For more information please visit the School of Dentistry's information page.