Do I need to complete a Campus-Based Student Loan Exit Interview with LLU student loan collection office?
You will need to complete a Campus-Based Student Loan Exit Interview if you received Federal Perkins, Health Professions, Primary Care, Loans for Disadvantaged Students, Nursing Student Loans, Nursing Faculty Loans, and LLU private institutional loans.
When can I complete my on line exit interview?
All students separating/dropping below half-time status should complete an online exit interview close to the end of their enrollment period at LLU.
Why do I need to complete a Campus-Based Student Loan Exit Interview?
It's because you received campus-based loan money, and it's a federal regulation and LLU policy that you complete one:
- at the time you drop below half-time status
- when you take a leave of absence, withdraw, or graduate
- to obtain transcripts, diploma, degree verification
- to obtain graduation check-out signatures and other LLU services.
Where do I go to complete my Campus-Based Student Loan Exit Interview?
Before you begin your electronic exit interview please make sure to have the following information with you. (Print this Page)
- Please have a copy of your debt profile from financial aid. You may obtain a copy of your debt profile by following these steps: Login, click on "Financial Aid" menu, click "My Award Information," click "Debt Profile" and print for your records.
- Your SSN, billing address, phone number(s), email address, driver's license number and the state it's from.
- Your next of Kin’s name, address, phone number, & email. (Please do not list your Next of Kin as a reference).
- In addition to your Next of Kin, we will need 3 separate and different references' names, addresses, phone numbers, and their relationship to you. Please Note: that all references must be over 18 years of age, and they must all live at different addresses, and you may not use a reference more than once. They may not live with you or with other references already listed on this exit. References may include brother(s), sister(s), aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, other relatives, or friends. If you fail to provide all references required you will not be able to obtain transcripts/diploma/degree verifications, graduation checkout signature or other LLU services from the LLU, Student Loan Collection Office.
- Your present/future employer's name, address, and phone number. If you are going into residency, please list the name, address & phone number of the hospital/school where you plan to do your residency. If you don't have an employer, please enter N/A through this section.
Please allow 24 hours after you complete your exit interview. Important Note! Loma Linda University reserves the right to reject any online exit interview due to missing or unacceptable responses. Please carefully provide correct and complete information. If you fail to complete all or part of the online exit interview you will not be able to obtain financial clearance or signature on your graduation check-out sheet, you may be asked to complete a new online exit interview, and holds will be placed by the LLU, Student Loan Collection Office on transcript, diploma, degree verification requests and other LLU services until the online exit interview for the Student Loan Collection Office is fully completed.
Finally, go to Student Loan Collections and make sure to read and print items listed at the bottom of the page. It is recommended that you keep these documents that apply to your Campus-Based Student Loan(s) you received from LLU for future reference.
Attn: Federal Perkins Loan Recipients: If you have a Federal Perkins Loan, you may be eligible for cancellation. For more information please go to Federal Perkins loan cancellation information.
How to complete your Exit Interview
PLEASE NOTE: This EXIT INTERVIEW is separate and in addition to the one you must complete with financial aid.
You need the following to complete an online exit interview:
- Netscape 4.0 (or newer) or Internet Explorer 4.0 (or newer). Other browsers may work but have not been tested.
- You must not have images disabled.
- Certain documents and forms will require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need a copy of the Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from Adobe.
You will be requested to answer a series of questions at the start of the interview to demonstrate your understanding of the materials. You cannot complete the interview until you have correctly answered the questions. If you cannot successfully complete the questions, you will need to contact the Student Loan Office.
The purpose of the exit interview is to inform you of your rights and responsibilities based on the financial aid you accepted from Loma Linda University. The information presented during the interview is a summary of the information contained in the promissory note(s) you signed for financial aid. We suggest that you review your promissory note(s) carefully in order to become familiar with all of the features and duties.
- To access, view and manage your account information, please visit https://heartland.ecsi.net and click on the Sign In or Register button at the top of the page. After you have successfully created a new profile and/or signed in, you may need to connect your account to your profile. To do so, click on the Connect an Account button. When connecting your account, you will be asked to provide your Heartland Key. If you do not already have your Heartland Key, please call Heartland ECSI at 1-888-549-3274. Once connected, you will be redirected to your account.
- To complete your exit interview on a connected account, click Loma Linda University, then click the View Account button. Your exit interview will be listed under the Documents tab. If you have any questions, please contact Heartland ECSI Customer Service at 1-888-549-3274.
How long will the online exit interview take to complete?
- It will take you approximately 15 minutes to 30 minutes to complete. Please note: You must complete the online exit interview in one session; you may not stop and save this online exit interview. If you stop or if you fail to complete it in one session, you will need to start from the beginning and do it over again.