A Seventh-day Adventist University
LLU is a Seventh-day Adventist university, offering a unique learning environment through the integration of health, science and faith.
In 1905, a vision of health and hope brought our campus to life in Southern California. As the campus grew into a force for healthcare and education, the city of Loma Linda grew around it.
More than 100 years later, Loma Linda University is part of a world-class academic medical center. Our pioneering efforts in health and wholeness have touched lives worldwide and positioned us as a leader in health science research. Every day, we work in service to our communities and underserved populations everywhere.
While a lot has changed since our humble beginnings, our commitment to our values and beliefs remains constant. Today, tomorrow and always, we commit ourselves to our singular mission: to continue the teaching and healing ministry of Jesus Christ.
8 Schools Cultivating a unique and varied learning environment
100+ Programs Supporting your personal and professional growth
1 Mission To continue the teaching and healing ministry of Jesus Christ
Many Strengths. One Mission.
Our shared commitment to one mission enables us to magnify our impact on the health of local and global communities. Through the lens of service, we’re able to focus the diverse strengths of a truly multifaceted organization. This includes:
- Eight schools teaching the next generation of healthcare heroes.
- The San Manuel Gateway College, providing entry-level job training to more future health professionals than previously possible.
- A campus uniquely integrating six nearby hospitals for focused hands-on training. Plan a virtual visit.
- More than 100 health sciences programs with varied education options, including distance learning, certificates of completion and degrees from associate to doctoral.
- Mission-focused learning opportunities, serving underserved populations at home and abroad.
- Countless ongoing research efforts supported by over $25 million in awards.
More than anything, though, the most important part of LLU is our people. Their vision, tenacity and compassion are the strengths that help us transform health the world over. It’s the faculty leading their fields in patient care, education and research. It’s the staff in every role, fully committed to supporting the organization and those we serve. It’s the students – tomorrow’s healthcare heroes representing 80+ countries and every major religion – all united in service to others.
Only with Your Help
Finally, it’s you. LLU is what it is today because of gifts from our generous supporters. You make it possible to shatter barriers in healthcare and provide an excellent education to tomorrow’s health professionals. Your gifts even made it possible to transform our campus, positioning us to provide the highest levels of care to our communities for decades to come.
From all of us here at LLU, thank you.
If you’d like to support our efforts in education and healthcare, see how your gift can make an impact today. With your help, there’s no limit to what we can do.